HTTP-NG Server & Client Mechanisms

>From: ashishk@wankel.me.cmu.edu (Ashish Kolli)

>(1) Implementing communications based on the Session Control Protocol
>(2) Incorporating (1) into existing server/client code. (NSCA or WWWlib)
>(3) Adding some extensions like "load sharing" among servers.

I don't see any mention about security aspects there, but at this age,
all new protocols must specify how they will be used securely over
unsecure network.

My worry here is that CMU is in USA, and if you design/implement a new
HTTP-NG, it will be a useless standard outside USA, because it cannot
be exported (if it includes security features). Thus, I would hope
that you consider this from the start and make some effort to have the
security parts done outside USA. This is a tricky thing, consult your
lawyers about details.

--
Markku Savela (msa@hemuli.tte.vtt.fi),     Technical Research Centre of Finland
Multimedia Systems, P.O.Box 1203,FIN-02044 VTT,http://www.vtt.fi/tte/staff/msa/