Re: Microsoft IE -- it just gets better and better

Terry Allen writes:
 > Shel Kaphan:
 > >or write pages in a meta-language that can be macro-expanded at the
 > time it is displayed based on browser capabilities,
 >
 > Kinda sounds like SGML, doesn't it?
 >
 > Regards,
 >
 > --
 > Terry Allen  (terry@songline.com), Online Books Editor, Songline Studios
 >               affiliated with O'Reilly & Associates, Inc.
 > A Davenport Group sponsor.  See http://www.ora.com/davenport/README.html
 >           Spelling Bee (c/s Division):  consensus, supersede

For the most part, sure, but there are inevitably going to be browser
feature differences that someone may want to case out on that are not
encoded in a DTD.  Perhaps they could be in theory -- I'm not enough of
an SGML hacker to know how flexible it can be.

Shel