Free SSL [was: need performance info (CGI/NT)]

At 05:26 pm 1/26/96 -0500, Matthew James Marnell spake:
>:>There are also SLL versions of Apache available.
>
>Wouldn't put too much credence in that.  Yes, there is an SSL
>version, I paid the $495 for it, but those *@#$&*@#$% over at
>VeriSign will not sign certificates for it.  The sales drone

   Evidently it can be done. Check out Alex Tang's "The Neverending
Saga of Deploying a Free SSL Compliant Web Server"

   https://petrified.cic.net/~altitude/ssl/ssl.saga.html

   He did it with SSLeay (the same package Secure Apache uses)
and the NCSA server. But it was far from easy and it's still
a "Non-Profit Only" certificate.

   His site has *all* the gory details--and he names names.

   (BTW, when I connect to that URL I get a blue stripe and
a double-toothed key in Netscape.)