Re: can multi-content-type in a message?

Robert Wang said:

> I want to program a cgi to transfer a piece of audio together with a text/html
> back to the browser. The audio can be a explanation to the file or even a some
> music. I need it because the file is in English and the audio explanation is
> in Chinese, and the audio should be immediately played without a user to click.
>
> So, can I transfer different types of contents in a single message? From the
> http draft I can see no hint whether it is possible or impossible.

This topic has come up before, and the consensus seems to be that the
spec lets you do it (multipart Internet Media types), and creative use
of Internet Media types lets you use an external synchronising "viewer"
on a suitable multipart message, but that existing browsers do not
support it.