Re: VALUES: Let them Adjust

Well, I am probably setting myself up to be flamed since this is clearly an
inappropriate post...but I really couldn't let this pass without adding
another pointer.  All I can say is they started it.

>Date: Tue, 27 Jun 1995 17:10:39 CST
>From: metze@vmetze.mrl.uiuc.edu
>
>> I'm opposed to any system that requires any effort on the part of the
>> content-providers to "label" or "classify" their material.
>>
>> People should not be required to attach other peoples value judgements to
>> their own expressions.  This is just another way of saying, "BE INHIBITED",
>> "THINK LIKE US", "SAY IT OUR WAY".
>
>	Yes, it sure is.  I hope you didn't vote Republican.

[long but mostly-agreed-with flame elided]

>	The answer to all of this is at the polls.  Vote Democratic.
>	They are conservative, too, but they still believe in the
>	Bill of Rights.

I have to disagree with you here.  From the evidence I've seen,
many Democrats don't believe in the BoR either, particularly the 1st, 2nd, 9th,
and 10th ammendments.  The only party that consistently supports the entire
Bill of Rights is the Libertarian Party.

>	Now, I feel better.  :-)

So do I.  :-)

W. Scott Meeks           | "It is up to people like you and me, who are out of
OSF Research Institute   | our tiny little minds, to try and help these people
meeks@osf.org            | overcome their sanity." -- GRAHAM CHAPMAN
(617) 621-7229           |