RE: FW: Pros and Cons of various OSs for WWW Servers...

> From: staffan@ep.se (Staffan Berger, ElektroPost)
>>cbrenton@digprod.com wrote:

>>If you have a server that is
>>expecting heavy traffic however (50,000+ hits per day) there's no
>>substitution for a UNIX platform.

>And what about Microsoft? They are running their WWW server under Windows
>NT and I'm sure that they have more than 50 000 hits per day. We have

>around 8000 and still have capacity for ten times more on our Windows NT
>server.

Our server WWW server for Windows NT (Purveyor) routinely took 250,000 hits
in a 24 hour period (measured during finalt testing right before release)
so Unix certainly isn't the only choice.

DDA

P.S. for more info on Purveyor, check out www.process.com