Re: Shopping baskets (was: Session tracking)

>  So rather "solving" the problem by adding complicated statefulness
>  to HTTP (a future nightmare, in my opinion), a better investment
>  would be to think about how to rectify the Web's primitive model for
>  linking and navigation of documents -- one of its key strategic
>  weaknesses.

Please excuse this bit of self-promotion, but the
project a small group of us at NTT are working on
is related to this.  We are looking at ways to
automatically form links (not HTML links per se,
but links none-the-less) for the purpose of efficient
searching and improved browsing.  We hope to have
an alpha-version out for medium-scale experimentation
around September, and will be looking for people to
volunteer computer resources to run servers.

Please see:

http://www.ntt.jp/ntt/soft-labs/ingrid/overview.html

Thanks,

PF