Re:

>Someone (can't tell who from the mail headers)
>
>> Is there a MIME Content-Type for files following the General MIDI standard?
>> It seems to me there ought to be.  Any comments?
>
>a) there isn't
>b) there probably should be
>c) it's only useful if there are 'helper apps' for most platforms that
>actually take such a file and do something interesting with it. I've
>not been able to find any simple 'MIDI-play' utilities that are
>generic enough to work for the wide variety of MIDI gear. Have you?

MSWindows comes with media player which does runtime midi playing.  I
believe that most driver-run os's including MSWin, X, and even some mac
stuff should have a runtime midi player available.  Besides, the interface
(that is, GMIDI) is pretty standardized anyway, right?

 _   /|  | If you _really_ want to see what I would    | GAT(GCS) -d+ -p+ c++ |
 \,o.O'  | like to put here, finger pcw@hooked.net     | l u+ e+(++) m@ s+/++ |
    U    | Please send all mail through pcw@hooked.net | w++ t++(@) r- y?     |
         Prodigy?  Are you kidding? -------------------+----- AOL: Just say NO!