Re: Why Mosaic

>I saw one of my "netscape-enhanced" www-pages on a Mosaic-browser today and
>got horrified! It didn't show my work as it was intended.

        Hold that thought.

>Do you think that I should limit my layout so that mosaic-users can enjoy
>my pages as well? This would be a major setback for me because I really
>enjoy the new features in recent versions of HTML.

        We're all anxious to use the new HTML features.   But Reed's
right.   You need to be prepared to serve some  "lowest common denom-
inator"  browser specification.   Only you can decide how low you will
go.   I would urge you to support Mosaic because it's widely deployed.

--
Rick Troth <troth@ua1vm.ua.edu>, Houston, Texas, USA
http://ua1vm.ua.edu/~troth/