Resending a chunked-transfer request

From: Dallas Clement <dallas.a.clement@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 14:08:58 -0500
To: www-talk@w3.org
Hi All,

I'm implementing a web-client program and having some difficulty
knowing how to handle the resending of a request which uses the
chunked-transfer method to send a body, i.e. an upload.  My
understanding of the 1.1 protocol is that a client may resend a
request that has not received a response for whatever reason, I/O
error etc.  However, it seems a bit much to be keeping chunks buffered
in memory after they have been sent once for the possibility that they
may need to be resent again.  The aggregate chunks for a single
request could potentially consume a great deal of memory.

How are chunked-transfer resends typically handled in a web client?

Any advice greatly appreciated.