Re: NCSA no longer hosting the CGI spec? RFC3875 matches implementations?

From: Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.Coar@GMail.Com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 14:33:54 +0000
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
CC: www-talk@w3.org, httpd@ncsa.uiuc.edu
Dan Connolly wrote:

> I see there's an RFC for CGI 1.1
>   http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3875.txt
>
> In the wikipedia talk page, there's some question as to
> whether it's sufficiently endorsed by implementors to
> replace the NCSA docs.
>
> Any opinions?

As one of the authors of the RFC, I can comfortably
say that it accurately describes the Apache implementation,
at least.  I suspect that's a sufficiently large
implementation share to make it reasonable.

/me goes to check out the WP page
--
Ken Coar
OSS developer, opinionist, author, and sanagendamgagwedweinini