Re: HTTP proxy vs client identity

Yes, it can, but many/most proxies do not do this in practice, because
of pipelining bugs in servers (if they get responses out of order,
it's a bad security problem) and because you don't know how long the
first response will take before the second will start coming back.

It's more common IME for proxies to reuse idle connections left over
from other clients.

Hope this helps,

P.S., Questions like this are appropriate for the HTTPbis list;
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ietf-http-wg/