Re: FW: New Version Notification for draft-nottingham-site-meta-01

From: Phil Archer <phil@philarcher.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 15:07:28 +0000
To: "www-talk@w3.org" <www-talk@w3.org>

I'm well aware of the discussion raging over the scope/origin issue but
here are a couple of minor comments on other matters in the I-D.

End of section 3.1 http://example.com/me should be http://example.com/terms

More substantive point 1:

Given this URI:

What is the WKL (and therefore host-meta scope) for this?

If it's http://example.com/~user/host-meta then agents have to recognise
the ~user convention.

If it's http://example.com/host-meta (more likely) then presumably any
linked resources will apply to all users unless otherwise stated?

Or am I missing something to do with template URIs here?

Point 2:

Should existing rel types be permissible? e.g. could one link to a
stylesheet using host-meta? I realise that this isn't the intention but
would it be permissible?

Maybe the reference to the HTTP Link: registry for rel types could be
made more explicit in this regard?

Section 3.1 says:

The "Link" host-meta field uses the syntax of the Link HTTP header-
field [I-D.nottingham-http-link-header] to convey links whose context
is the entire authority, rather than a single resource.

Could it say:

The "Link" host-meta field uses the syntax *and relationship types* of
the Link HTTP header-field [I-D.nottingham-http-link-header] to convey
links whose context is the entire authority, rather than a single resource.

And I'll leave the authority issue aside for now (POWDER makes its scope
explicit so the point is moot from that narrow perspective).

That's it for now.

Phil Archer