Re: Origin vs Authority; use of HTTPS (draft-nottingham-site-meta-01)

I have to say that the current known use-cases for site-meta are:

1. Security critical ones, but for server-to-server discovery uses (not
browser mediated)

2. Semantic ones, for user consumption, of an informative rather than
security-critical nature. These use cases may be handled by browsers.

I agree that it is worth to look at the security consequences, but at least
to me at this point, it is not clear that the traditional same-policy
paradigm used by browsers is relevant here.

--
--Breno

+1 (650) 214-1007 desk
+1 (408) 212-0135 (Grand Central)