Re: Origin vs Authority; use of HTTPS (draft-nottingham-site-meta-01)

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 11:37 PM, Eran Hammer-Lahav <eran@hueniverse.com> wrote:
> First, scheme is incorrect here as the scheme does not always determine a specific protocol
> (see 'http' is not just for HTTP saga).

I don't understand this level of pedantry, but if you want host-meta
to be usable by Web browsers, you should use the algorithm in
draft-abarth-origin to compute its scope from its URL.  Any deviations
from this algorithm will introduce cracks in the browser's security
policy.

Adam