Re: Comments on /site-meta

From: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 12:23:20 +0200
To: "Eran Hammer-Lahav" <eran@hueniverse.com>
Cc: "www-talk@w3.org" <www-talk@w3.org>, "Mark Nottingham" <mnot@mnot.net>

2008/10/16 Eran Hammer-Lahav <eran@hueniverse.com>:
> In an effort to continue the community's fragmented and repetitive conversation on this topic, I've attempted to collect all the different solutions raised to this problem in a post titled "Discovery and HTTP" [1]. I would be happy to hear new proposals not previously considered, and am happy to explain why I have ruled out some of these suggestions in my analysis.

Great survey!

The issue of resource description vs. resource representation is one
that's cropped up quite a lot around RDF, though offhand I can't think
where to find relevant material, except URIQA [1] (from about 2004)
which is a set of custom HTTP methods.

There's also tangentially related material at WebDescriptionProposals
[2] (WADL, WIDL, WRDL...).

Cheers,
Danny.

[1] http://sw.nokia.com/uriqa/URIQA.html