newbie seeks advice on understanding http protocol

From: ilango_g <ilangocal@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 09:14:02 -0700 (PDT)
To: www-talk@w3.org

The HTTP protocol is so fundamental to the world wide web and all web
applications available today. I have still not really understood what http
practically means. I have read a little of the HTTP specs and I have gained
some understanding. However I would like to write simple programs
illustrating HTTP in a scripting or programming language (like C++ or Java))
to really understand what a request is and what a response is, etc.

For example, I have seen HTTPServeLetRequest class in Java, but I really do
not know what is happening. In short I wish to gain a detailed understanding
of the HTTP protocol. I wish to really understand what the HTTP spec is
talking about and apply it to my programming work.

Any suggestions, advice are appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Sent from the w3.org - www-talk mailing list archive at Nabble.com.