Re: Ontology with standard behavior

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 21:17:40 +0100
To: Zille Huma <zille.huma@upb.de>
Cc: www-talk@w3.org, carine@w3.org

Zille Huma wrote:

> Hi All,
> I have been wondering for sometime now that why isnt it a popular trend
> to store standard activities of a domain in the ontology and not only
> the concepts, e.g., for the tourism domain, ontologies normally contain
> concepts like Tourist, Resort, etc. but I have not so far come across an
> ontology that also contains the standard activities like searchResort,
> bookHotel, etc. Why is it so? What support is provided in the ontology
> langauges to model the standard activities of the domain as well??

This probably falls under the banner of "Semantic Web Services". There
was a W3C Interest Group on this topic, http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/swsig/
but it's recently closed. You might try the mailing list anyway,
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sws-ig/ or the more general
www-ws list. Hope this helps,

cheers

Dan