RE: How to handle errors if contents of response are dynamically generated?

Can you generate a range of data later, when a second or further request
arrives for that portion?

  _____

From: www-talk-request@w3.org [mailto:www-talk-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of
X. Long
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2007 2:18 PM
To: www-talk@w3.org
Subject: RE: How to handle errors if contents of response are dynamically
generated?

We cannot buffer data on the server because the data can be very large.

Thank everyone for your suggestions and helps!

Mike Dierken <dierken@gmail.com> wrote:

How much data is buffered on the server?
If that dynamically generated can be stored (at least temporarily), a root
document with links to chunks/fragments can be returned quickly and each
chuck would be a separate request, with it's own response status code.

  _____

Be a better Heartthrob. Get
<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48255/*http://answers.yahoo.com/dir/_ylc=X3oDMTI
5MGx2aThyBF9TAzIxMTU1MDAzNTIEX3MDMzk2NTQ1MTAzBHNlYwNCQUJwaWxsYXJfTklfMzYwBHN
sawNQcm9kdWN0X3F1ZXN0aW9uX3BhZ2U-?link=list&sid=396545433> better
relationship answers from someone who knows.
Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.