Re: Content-Encoding, Content-Range

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@yahoo-inc.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 09:48:37 -0800
To: Martin Thelian <Martin.Thelian@gmx.at>

Jeff Mogul wrote an excellent paper that covered this problem (among
others);
   http://www2002.org/CDROM/refereed/444.pdf

In short, do compression first, then range selection. Content-codings
are metadata about the encoding of the representation, whereas ranges
are more ephemeral.

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham