technical discussion of click fraud

From: Greg Skinner <gds@best.com>
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 22:41:33 +0000
To: www-talk@w3.org

I apologize if this is not the right forum to bring this up.  I have
been looking for technical discussion of the causes of click fraud and
means by which it can be limited.  There was a W3C group chartered
with studying web traffic (www-wca) some time ago, but it's no longer
active.  I would appreciate any information on W3C groups (or other
technical standards groups) engaged in such discussions.  Also, if
there are any open-source projects dealing with click fraud, I'd be
interested in knowing about those.

So far, this is the best discussion of click fraud I've read.  It
touches both the technical issues and business implications:

http://www.payperclickanalyst.com/content/templates/default.aspx?a=68&z=1