Re: Looking for professional help

Before trying to define an alternative to HTTP in binary you need to
ask yourself a few
questions:
   - What advantages/disadvantages are there to doing this
   - The cross platform issues. For example an integer is not the
same size or byte
     order on all platforms. Look at CORBA and RPC to see all the
work they do to
     ensure data types travel easily
   - what type of data makes up for the bulk of the traffic

There are plenty of protocols out there, though to see the oncs
recognised by the  Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) , you need
to look at the RFCs:

   http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/

If it is simply simple data transfer that you are interested in, then
I would recommend looking at the 'File Transfer Protocol' (FTP).

Andre