http response header to alter requested page url?

From: Martin Alley <martin.alley@ntlworld.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 18:48:43 +0100
To: <www-talk@w3.org>

Hi,

Is there an http response header to alter requested page url?

Instead of doing an http redirect, I want to serve the page with a
modified url.  I want to avoid the redirect for performance reasons.

Content-Location appears inappropriate because as rfc2616 says:
"The Content-Location value is not a replacement for the original
   requested URI; it is only a statement of the location of the resource
   corresponding to this particular entity at the time of the request.
   Future requests MAY specify the Content-Location URI as the request-
   URI if the desire is to identify the source of that particular
   entity."

NB In the scenario I am dealing with, the modified url will only differ
in it's url params.  If I was using http post instead of http get, I
could freely modify the associated form data without a second thought,
but I've gone down the get path (no pun intended).

Sorry if this is an inappropriate question for this list.

Martin