Can XML namespaces get into a recursive loop?

From: kar i <karthiki1@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 00:13:27 -0800 (PST)
To: www-talk@w3.org

Hi all,
I am new to this discussion site. I have a question
about using namespaces to define mutually define XML
Take this example
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xs:element name="author" type="authorType"/>
    <xs:complexType name="authorType">
	<xs:element ref="bc:book"/>
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xs:element name="book" type="bookType"/>

    <xs:complexType name="bookType">
	<xs:element ref="ac:author"/>

As you can clearly see that each of these xml schemas
use the other for their definition. I have tried using
microsofts parser(WINXP) and it was only good at find
out well formedness. Then i downloaded Sun
Multi-Schema XML Validator, It performed more
predictably, but always pointed the fault at my xml
file, expecting the deeper tag in the recursion.
My question is: Is this a potential flaw in the XSD
spec? As there will always be a possibility that a
validator/XML engine will get into an infinite loop
with this?

I look forward to your expert comments !!

Do you Yahoo!?