RE: 4xx responses for bad query strings?

From: NESTING, DAVID M (SBCSI) <dn3723@sbc.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 09:04:04 -0500
To: Dominique Hazaƫl-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Cc: <www-talk@w3.org>
> This is indeed an error in the RFC, listed in the errata list for this

Thanks, Dom.  This answers all of my questions.  I appreciate your time.

In a future revision it might also be helpful to see a note disambiguating the definition of "resource" between the HTTP and URI RFCs, as the latter suggests the query string operates *on* the resource while in HTTP, the query string (also?) helps *identify* the resource.

David