HTML event if applet can't load?

From: Anant Saraswat <anant.saraswat@oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 11:01:33 -0500
To: <www-talk@w3.org>
Hi,

I'm using the OBJECT tag to deploy an applet, and I have setup the classid field to require a specific version of the Sun JVM to be used to run the applet.
If the client does not have this version installed, is there some event that is triggered that I can detect in my Javascript or JSP code? I tried using the onerror event, but this event is not triggered if the client doesn't have the right JVM version.