From: "Nikki Cathcart" <nicolac@cre.canon.co.uk>
To: <www-talk@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 14:13:42 -0000
Subject: uploading a file on a pocket pc

Hello,

I am trying to upload a pdf file using IE on a Compaq Ipaq. I am using the form method:
<form method='post' enctype='multipart/form-data' action='BasicServlet'>

but this is changed by pocket IE to:

<form method='post' enctype='application/x-www-xform-urlencoded' action='BasicServlet'>

so the upload fails (the code works when used on normal IE).

I have tried uploading other forms, eg attaching a file to an email in yahoo, and these don't work either, so it would seem that Pocket IE is not compatible.

I have been searching through the www-talk archives and when the multipart/form-data idea was proposed there was code for backward compatability, however as this was in 1995 the websites no longer exist. If anyone has any code (in any language), or can suggest a way round this problem I would be really grateful.

Thanks for your help,
Nikki