xquery, sql, xml

From: Manjeet Rege <manjeet_rege@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 00:58:52 +0000
To: www-talk@w3.org

We have a local relational database (Oracle 8i) in our lab.  We want to add
other remote databases which will be stationed at remote places. These
remote databases will be queried through an HTTP request.  Also, these
remote databases could be any of flat file, XML database or relational.  We
will construct a global XML schema that represents all these databases
(local and remote). The global schema will then accept an XQuery.

We need a middleware system, that can do the following :
1) convert this XQuery into SQL - and query the local Oracle database.
2) Query the remote databases
3) Integrate the resultsets received from all the databases.
4) Return the XQuery result in XML format.

Does anyone know of a middleware that can accomplish the above.

thank you