Re to XML Performance

From: Graves LCpl Phillip A <GravesPA@IIMEF.USMC.MIL>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 12:45:27 -0400
To: "'www-talk@w3.org'" <www-talk@w3.org>
1) How much memory does the of XML schema DOM tree takes?

http://www.w3.org/2001/06/ProcessingModel-plh.html answers it partially, but
it doesn't give exact numbers. If you need exact numbers however, I don't
have those, and I couldn't find them. Sorry.

2) How much time the tipical XML validator and parser takes to validate the
XML document against the schema?

I couldn't find any specific tests on w3.org or even the www, but there seem
to be a wide variety of validators out there. If someone had a bit of time
on their hands, they could create a complex XML database of sorts and check
it with 5-10 different parsers and clock them, and then record the numbers
found into an online database so someone doesn't have to ask questions like
this, but I don't have the time or working knowledge of xml yet to create a
valid, or even a good working test page. Anyone wanna try? :)