aborting big file requests

From: Diwakar Shetty <diwakar.shetty@oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2003 18:02:52 +0530
To: www-talk@w3.org

Suppose a client has requested for page.
The page is a big file

Before the whole response has come, client wants to indicate to server that it is no more interested in the data.

At the same time, I do not want the TCP connection to be closed.
Since I want to make use of Keep-Alive and keep the TCp connection alive

How can I do it ?

Can sending "Connection:close" do the job ?
But I guess it will tear down the "Keep-Alive" connection in HTTP/1.1
Am not sure about its behaviour in HTTP 1.0

Thanks
Diwakar