Re: help with http post request

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Dell'Aringa" <pixelmech@yahoo.com>

> Some of my pages are php - but I'm not even sure the
> point at where I need to do this is in a php page.
What is the purpose of accessing the StoreSense database? Typically this
would be to
a) get information for display within a browser
b) post new information from a browser (purchase orders,etc) into the
database
c) get or post information in a background process not associated with a
browser

> How do I send such a stream?
If you do end up needing to use PHP, there are utilities available to the
language that PHP uses that can access the network to send HTTP requests
(GET, POST, etc.)
You would probably use data from the incoming browser request in this new
request to the database. You would extract data from the response and then
send that along with your response being generated by the PHP page.

If accessing the StoreSense database is slow, then the response to the
browser will be slow. You may need to look into some more advanced
approaches (caching, multiple servers, etc) to provide this functionality
under heavy load.