RE: Help with fixed columns...

From: Al Gilman <asgilman@iamdigex.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 22:50:30 -0500
To: <www-talk@w3.org>

At 01:45 PM 2002-12-11, Fred Bohle wrote:

>You could put the first two columns in a separate table in
>a separate frame, and put the rest of the table in a second
>frame which can be scrolled.

I am not sure one could make the two-frame solution accessible.
Certainly it would not arrow across a row from the left column
of the first table to the right column of the second table.

Have you thought about letting the user cherry-pick the columns
that they are interested in, and then generating a reduced table?

Look at BJS for an example done with Cold Fusion over Oracle:

  Bureau of Justice Statistics Crime and Justice Data Online