authentication scope with persistant connections

From: Simon Fell <soap@zaks.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2002 15:45:12 -0700
To: www-talk@w3.org

Hi,

I'm trying to work out how authentication and persistent connections
interact. I initially thought that the authentication header will only
apply to the scope of that particular HTTP exchange, however I'm
seeing with IIS that subsequent requests on the same connection
continue to be treated as authenticated even if the following request
doesn't specify an authentication header.

Can anyone clarify what the expected behavior should be ?

Thanks
Simon