Re: [rdfmsQnameUriMapping-6] Algorithm for creating a URI from a QName in RDF Model?

From: Graham Klyne <GK@ninebynine.org>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 16:47:00 +0100
To: "Sean B. Palmer" <sean@mysterylights.com>
Cc: <www-talk@w3.org>
At 03:43 PM 5/23/02 +0100, Sean B. Palmer wrote:
>The RDF Core WG would certainly want the SW and WWW to be
>interoperable, and yet after repeated debates spurred mainly by Aaron,
>fragIDs in RDF haven't been deprecated. That speaks volumes.

As one who used to think that fragids in RDF were broken...

I've been thinking about this point some, and I'm coming round to a view
that fragid's are not only OK with RDF, but their use is to be preferred
for many RDF resources, and that the SW/WWW integration can work just
fine.  I've not yet had time to sit down and straighten my thoughts ... too
many other things to do!

#g

Graham Klyne
<GK@NineByNine.org>