Re: [rdfmsQnameUriMapping-6] Algorithm for creating a URI from a QName in RDF Model?

On Thu, May 23, 2002 at 02:41:17PM +0100, Sean B. Palmer wrote:
> Practically, rdf:ID would be a total disaster if chunks of documents were
> the only things that could be referenced by fragment identifers.

In the context of RDF, of course any string can be interpreted to be
identifying anything, and everybody can get along.  It's in the larger
context of the Web that this private agreement breaks down, where we
have oodles of deployed code that understands that URIs identify
resources, not URI references (i.e. web servers don't get the fragment
id).

I don't think there's much more to say in this discussion, is there?

Let me just mention this RESTwiki page which includes some pointers
to some good Aaron/DanC/RoyF discussions, plus Aaron's summary (which
I know you know about Sean 8-);

http://conveyor.com/RESTwiki/moin.cgi/OnlyMakeStatementsAboutUris

MB