Doctype, namespace etc.

From: Sigurd Lerstad <sigler@bredband.no>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 01:16:06 -0700
To: <www-talk@w3.org>
Hello,

I'm a bit confused, When using a

<DOCTYPE....

inside an xml document, it points to the url of a dtd, so it's easy to load
generic xml documents, but mixing xml from different namespaces is
impossible this way? (am I correct).. some xml documents only contain
namespace declaration like

then you know the namespace, but you don't know where the dtd is (or
schema), or you can have

While some documents only contain something like

So many possibilities, so I'm wondering.

Can an xsi:schemaLocation point to a dtd as well as a schema?

If you only have a namespace, does a program have to hardcode the url to the
dtd or schema (or have it stored on the harddisk)?

In the case of embedded mathml/svg inside xhtml, how can you validate that
document against the xhtml dtd? (without getting errors)

thanks,

--
Sigurd Lerstad