Re: "resolution mechanism"

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 15:57:47 -0400
To: Keith Moore <moore@cs.utk.edu>
Cc: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>, www-talk@w3.org
Maybe we should think about this the other way.  Pretend HTTP didn't
exist, and that all we knew was that we wanted a protocol that could be
used to resolve URI, while keeping in mind that it is an error to try to
build this protocol to only accept some URI, and not all.

How would you do it?  Perhaps a RESOLVE method?  What would it return?
What would it not return?  How would it differ from GET?

MB