Re: "resolution mechanism"

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 13:50:56 -0400
To: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@simonstl.com>
Cc: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>, www-talk@w3.org
On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 01:07:39PM -0400, Simon St.Laurent wrote:
> Asking for can also be asking about.  Asking about is not necessarily
> asking for.

Ok, let's try and compare apples to apples here...

> Sure - DDDS lets you query for URI metadata.
> http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/urn-charter.html
> "Tell me about this URI..."

DDDS appears to be analagous to HTTP HEAD; "tell me about this
resource", whereas HTTP GET does what HEAD does, but also returns
a representation of the resource itself.

Does that make better sense?  If so, HTTP does both, whereas DDDS
only does one.