RE: Encoding Spaces

An HTTP URL has different parts with different character encoding issues.
The 'path' part (example: "/segment/segment/segment/") uses %20 for a space
character.
The 'query' part (example "?name=value&name=value") uses + for a space
character.

There may be more useful information in this document here:
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1630.txt

Mike