Re: How to get the the file on ftp site by www?

From: Vix <vixcc@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 21:01:05 -0800 (PST)
To: SRD Cao Zheng <SMDCZ@sbell.com.cn>, www-talk@w3.org
--- SRD Cao Zheng <SMDCZ@sbell.com.cn> wrote:
> I go on the Internet by one proxy , the proxy is only suport the http
> protocol.So who can tell me how to get the the file on ftp site by it?
>
> Best Wishes!
>
> Caozheng

If you want to view files, you can try using ftp://<websitename.com>/ in the LOCATION field inside
the browser...
If the proxy supports FTP-over-HTTP, this must work fine.
Otherwise, there is no solution (up to my knowledge).

Moreover, I don't know of any solution about how to transfer files using the FTP-over-HTTP.

Best regards,

Vix!

=====
------> tAke a bReak! gEt eNtertained!