RE: What is at the end of the namespace?

From: <Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 10:21:46 +0200
To: ldodds@ingenta.com, a.powell@ukoln.ac.uk
Cc: www-talk@w3.org

Exactly. A namespace is just "punctuation", per se.

A namespace is not a vocabulary, even if a vocabulary may be
grounded in one single namespace.

Multiple disjunct vocabularies may all be defined in the
same namespace.

A single vocabulary may include terms grounded in
different namespaces.

A namespace is not a doctype or schema.

A doctype/schema may use a single vocabulary grounded in a
single namespace, or it may use several vocabularies, each
of which have terms grounded in different namespaces.

Several doctypes/schemata may use the same vocabulary.

Namespaces are punctuation. Nothing more.

Cheers,

Patrick