RE: What is at the end of the namespace?

From: Martin Duerst <duerst@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 17:10:16 +0900
To: Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com, mnot@akamai.com
Cc: www-talk@w3.org, uri@w3.org
At 13:29 01/11/19 +0200, Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com wrote:
>Because other folks expect that an HTTP URI *is* dereferencable,
>hence all the (IMO needless) bruhaha over "what's at the end
>of a namespace".

At one point, I proposed here at W3C that even if we didn't
have anything really serious to point at for a namespace
uri, we should put up a page that says something like
"This is just a page that is here in case you tried to
dereference this uri, the uri is the uri for the foo
namespace. This page also helps to make sure that this
uri isn't reused for something else." I guess there might
be some namespaces at W3C that have something similar now.

You'll probably find a way to squeeze this into your model,
but it will look odd.

Regards,   Martin.