Re: What is at the end of the namespace?

From: Sean B. Palmer <sean@mysterylights.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 23:47:53 -0000
To: <Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com>
Cc: <www-talk@w3.org>, <uri@w3.org>
> >    <http://www.w3.org/> :uri "http://www.w3.org/" .
>
> Uhhmmm, and just how does that allow one to *make*
> statements *about* a URI?
>
> Can you give a quick example?

Sure: you define another property which is the inverse (in the DAML
sense) of the one above; say ":uriOf", such that:-

   "http://www.w3.org/" :uriOf <http://www.w3.org/> .

(actually, from a datatypes POV, that needs to be something different,
but I shall defer discussions about that). Then you can say:-

   [ :uriOf <http://www.w3.org/>; :creator "W3C" ] .

or whatever.

> And isn't the above just a bit redundant?

Perhaps, but I was just showing you a different way to do it. I like
your proposal, but it gets close to the datatypes discussion, and
that's not something that I really want to drag onto these mailing
lists :-)

--
Kindest Regards,
Sean B. Palmer