Re: HTTP Protocol test script

From: G. Wade Johnson <gwadej@anomaly.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 20:40:26 -0500
To: Aaron Swartz <me@aaronsw.com>
CC: www-talk@w3.org
Aaron Swartz wrote:

> On Monday, June 25, 2001, at 06:10  PM, G. Wade Johnson wrote:
>
> > This script is called HTTPtest.pl (or HTTPtestS.pl if you want it
> > without my suport libraries).
> >
> > I'm wondering if the people on this list would find it useful and
> > would be willing to contribute ideas and critiques to the program.
> > I hope to post the result to CPAN as a script for wide-spread use.
>
> Personally I'd love a copy of this program -- I've always been
> interested in a validator/tester for HTTP. Please let the list
> know where we can get a copy.
>
> Thanks,
> --
> [ "Aaron Swartz" ; <mailto:me@aaronsw.com> ; <http://www.aaronsw.com/> ]

As I said in another message, I intended it to be used to test
applications on top of HTTP, but I can probably modify it to test HTTP,
itself.

The script, documentation, and a few examples can be found at
http://www.anomaly.org/wade/HTTPtest/

G. Wade
--
"And so it begins"                                  -- Ambassador Kosh