Re: Browser plugin returns blank page

From: William F. Hammond <hammond@csc.albany.edu>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 10:27:02 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-talk@w3.org
Paul Tretter <paul.tretter@weyerhaeuser.com> writes:

>       . . .                                                            The
> plugin launches the application just fine - however the browser returns a
> blank page when the plugin executes the programming code.  Any ideas about
> how to fix this problem?

Does the concept of "plugin" represent sound design?

Is there a cross-platform public specification upon which it is based?

Or is it, in fact, a market-cornering technique that often partitions
online readers?

(Certainly, the HTTP/1.0-enabled concept of external application based
on HTTP content type is one of the great ideas in computing history --
so long as we limit ourselves to "safe" public content types.)

                                    -- Bill