From: Mjumbe Ukweli [mailto:mjumbewu@hotmail.com]
Sent: 15 May 2001 14:09
To: www-html@w3.org; www-style@w3.org; www-talk@w3.org
Subject: RE: Extended URL for [I]Frames (revived)

are there any documents to which people can point me explaining _why_
(i)frames are being removed altogether (or if anyone can just tell me then
that woudl be fine as well)?

>From: Dave  J Woolley <david.woolley@bts.co.uk>
>Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 11:05:35 +0100
>
> > From:	Mjumbe Ukweli [SMTP:mjumbewu@hotmail.com]
> >
> > within URIs (or has there), not just for frames, but iframes, and
>perhaps
> > objects?
> >
>	[DJW:]  frames and iframes have *never* been in the strict
>	standards and are being taken out completely.  You might want
>	to look at Xlink, but I don't think it goes far enough to allow
>	capturing the state of dynamic content.
>
>	[ Cross post as original - www-talk will be delayed for
>	  moderation. ]
>--
>--------------------------- DISCLAIMER ---------------------------------
>Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender,
>except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of BTS.

                                                  &#8226; mjumbe &#8226;

******************* blueU CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE *******************
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential
and may be legally privileged. They are intended solely for the use
of the individual or entity to which they are addressed.
If you have received this e-mail in error you should not copy
or use it for any purpose or disclose its contents to any person.
You should deliver the message to the intended addressee
or to the system manager.
Unauthorised use or disclosure is prohibited and may be unlawful.
**************** end of blueU CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE ***************