Re: www-watchdog?

"Simon St.Laurent" wrote:

> Does anyone know what the mailing list "www-watchdog" is for?
>
> Archives (two bits of nothing much) at:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-watchdog/
>
> It goes back to 1998, at least.  Searches on the W3C don't turn up much
> beyond the archives and stray unrelated questions.

Looking in the system administration archives, I see that
it was set up in 1998 by Rolf Nelson for discussion
of P3P watchdog, which was a piece of software... I think
it was a proxy that warned users about privacy issues.
Rolf left W3C in June 1999.
  http://www.w3.org/People/Alumni#Nelson

I found a few other things using
  http://www.google.com/search?q=P3P+watchdog
e.g.

  "P3P watchdog entered to CVS for backup purposes."

 --
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/java/classes/org/w3c/jigsaw/html/Makefile?rev=1.4&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

Rigo, would you either put some info in the archive cover
page for www-watchdog or close the list?

I can't find much about the P3P watchdog. I started
at our homepage, where I noticed that searching for "Privacy"
doesn't help me find P3P. site-comments folks: I suggest
"P3P and Privacy" or some such in the A-Z list.
If the P3P watchdog is available somewhere, I'd like
to see it linked from /P3P and perhaps from the site
index and perhaps from the list of software at /Status

Also, http://www.w3.org/P3P/ isn't signed.
Please add <address>...</address> markup
per http://www.w3.org/Provider/Style/SignIt .
While you're at it, I suggest a link to site-comments ala..

  Dan Connolly
  Created April 1997; policy/maintenance info
  feedback to connolly+xml and site-comments (public archive)
  $Revision: 1.188 $ $Date: 2001/05/01 01:18:25 $ by $Author: connolly $
	-- http://www.w3.org/XML/