Re: text/html for xml extensions of XHTML

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2001 21:03:36 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)
To: Aaron Swartz <aswartz@swartzfam.com>
cc: "William F. Hammond" <hammond@csc.albany.edu>, <mozilla-mathml@mozilla.org>, <www-talk@w3.org>
On Sun, 6 May 2001, Aaron Swartz wrote:

> If I include a minor bit of namespaced content in my document (say, RDF
> metadata -- which I certainly plan to do, or many other possibilites) it
> will likely not change the vast majority of the document (RDF metadata will
> not be visible to the average browser) and thus the document will be
> properly processed by older browsers, or processed 90% correctly.

Given that Mozilla (currently) won't do anything with RDF metadata placed
in a text/xml XHTML file, that's not an argument to change Mozilla's
behaviour. (If you wish to make this argument for other browsers, mozilla-
mathml@mozilla.org is not the right forum.)

--
Ian Hickson                                            )\     _. - ._.)   fL
Invited Expert, CSS Working Group                     /. `- '  (  `--'