Re: text/html for xml extensions of XHTML

From: Robert Miner <RobertM@dessci.com>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 22:09:30 -0500
To: ian@hixie.ch
CC: RobertM@dessci.com, aswartz@swartzfam.com, hammond@csc.albany.edu, mozilla-mathml@mozilla.org, www-talk@w3.org

Hi.

> Would you also like PNGs incorrectly identified with the MIME type
> text/html due to circumstances beyond the authors control to be sent to
> PNG decoders?

Is this a trick question, perhaps?  I think I would, wouldn't I?  At
least it seems like I would be happier just having the image appear
properly, than having it interpreted as horribly garbled HTML.  What's
the catch?

--Robert

Robert Miner                                    RobertM@dessci.com
MathML 2.0 Specification Co-editor                    651-223-2883
Design Science, Inc.   "How Science Communicates"   www.dessci.com