W3C list management (Was: hash cash and email)

From: William F. Hammond <hammond@csc.albany.edu>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 11:45:00 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-talk@w3.org
> the usefulness of email go down.  My personal inbox usually has a ratio
> of about 3:1 of spam:useful mail.  This is probably going to get worse

I'd say that about half of the spam that I receive is from list
servers that fail to filter it out.  (Much of the other half is
indirectly attributable to my list and newsgroup participation.)

The W3C lists would benefit greatly from filtering.  Of course, human
filtering, though slightly expensive, is the best.

                                    -- Bill